Contribute to All Classical Portland by volunteering! It’s a chance for you to help the station you love, meet new people and see All Classical Portland from the inside. Of course, our volunteers have fun too! Some assignments require regular ongoing commitment. Other opportunities are assigned when special needs arise, such as duties connected to our on-air fundraisers, mailings, or events. Of course, assignments depend on station needs and volunteer skill sets.
Job Title: Volunteer Phone Answerer
Description: Phone volunteers serve as the bridge between All Classical Portland and our community by answering donor calls during our on-air fundraisers. They support All Classical Portland’s mission, “to build and sustain culturally vibrant local and global communities around this art form.” If you love this service and are enthusiastic about having conversations with other like-minded folks, then this is the job for you!
- Punctuality: there are different talking points, strategies, and special training for each fundraiser – so, thank you for being on time!
- Passion: take phone calls and bond with donors from all over North America
- Precision: a clear speaking voice is needed, diction is important as well as listening carefully
- Process: learn and manage effectively, and accurately receive donations in real time using a computer
- Privacy: confidentiality is critical as you will be recording sensitive donor information in the proprietary computer system
- Purpose: you’ll have a unique opportunity to answer myriad callers’ questions about All Classical Portland’s service, with staff and shift captain support
Direct Reports: All Classical Portland Staff and Volunteer Shift Captain
Length of Appointment: Between 1 and 5 shifts during a given fundraiser
Time Commitment: Four hours per shift
Qualifications: Basic computer knowledge, ideally with Microsoft Windows. Pleasant manner, patience and dependability. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Ability to ask for help when needed and to take direction from the staff and/or shift captain.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, staff will be available at all times to answer questions or resolve issues.
Benefits: Enjoy the view from our new state of the art riverfront studios, meet your favorite All Classical Personalities, contribute to a cause you are passionate about, make new friends, and get some good grub donated by local top notch restaurants!
Do you think you would make a good volunteer?
Read what our volunteers have to say below, and then contact Director of Community Engagement, Amelia Lukas at 503-802-9404 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s have a discussion about your skills and see how they fit our needs. It could be the start of a beautiful thing!