All Classical Portland has an immediate opening for a Director of Development and Marketing. This position leads a small and mighty team in marketing and communications, volunteer and donor engagement, and community mobilization that leads to helping the Station achieve its fundraising goals. There are significant opportunities for creativity, entrepreneurism, and social interaction. You will work closely with all departments, donors, volunteers, and community partners.
The Director of Development & Marketing is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of fundraising initiatives to enhance net revenue for the organization, and in fulfillment of the organization’s mission, and community outreach engagement. Working with the President & CEO, you will help to carry on and expand an overall strategic plan for Community Engagement, including raising awareness about All Classical Portland and development of engagement pathways for donors and volunteers, as well as to develop a fundraising calendar for the organization.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to the fundraising, volunteer, and marketing teams to ensure that goals are met
- Oversee departmental budget and strategy of direct mail appeals, as well as the Community Advisory Group (which meets quarterly)
- Professionally represent All Classical Portland within the community and ensure the consistency and quality of our message and brand
- Monitor the success of community engagement and marketing strategies, and make course corrections in order to meet goals in each area
- Bring new and exciting ideas to the organization, and be capable of listening to insight from fellow staff to test new initiatives
- Lead the station in multiple on-air fundraisers each fiscal year in addition to other diverse fundraising efforts
- Attend all Board of Directors and Finance Committee meetings
- 5+ years of experience working with a collaborative non-profit team with an emphasis on development, donor database software, management, service and support
- Knowledge of Allegiance Fundraising Software a plus
- 5+ years of experience managing an organization’s external communications and marketing strategies
- Proven experience as a leader
- Experience in community engagement
- Experience writing a comprehensive communications plan that supports organizational strategic goals and priorities, as well as grant writing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Professional Skills & Attributes:
- Exceptional strategy development, project management and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Customer service oriented and able to interact professionally with members of the public, press, and donors
- Solid knowledge of best practices around donor engagement, communications and volunteer programs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Committed to personal integrity, possessing the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated, resourceful and persistent problem solver
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable learning new tools, platforms, and technologies
- Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media; interest in classical music
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please. All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How we work:
All Classical Portland maintains seven FM radio stations serving Portland Metro, the Willamette Valley, Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast. In addition to traditional over-the-air distribution, we utilize digital media technology to make live radio, archived audio and streaming video available to a global audience on many devices. We strive to provide a consistent and high-quality experience across our platforms. Because All Classical Portland serves an audience locally and globally 24/7/365, our team must be ready to respond to issues that may arise outside of normal business hours.
We seek to be very productive and subscribe to the idea that a small, highly dedicated and motivated team can produce the best classical music service on the planet. We work in a highly creative and dynamic environment and take pride in making the most of our precious resources. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to grow our listenership and expand our service and programming offerings. All Classical Portland is located at the base of the new Tilikum Crossing in a gorgeous, state-of-the-art facility with a stunning river view.
We love this music.