ICAN (International Children’s Arts Network) is a radio service, the first of its kind in the nation, available on All Classical Portland’s HD-2 channel and online worldwide via icanradio.org. Through its special programming, ICAN promotes cross-cultural awareness and fosters emotional intelligence. Designed for young listeners, the network features music and literature from around the world. The content is produced locally, sourced and shared globally, and curated by All Classical Portland and regional arts organization partners. Along with music, songs, poems, and stories shared on the network, the hosts share context about the music and literature. Designed for children ages 0-12, ICAN is a resource for children, parents, grandparents, daycare centers and schools for enriching content that is safe, educational, entertaining and inspiring.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative, self-motivated Production Assistant for our children’s network. The ideal candidate possesses excellent customer service and solid organizational skills. You will be part of a collaboration where you can use your personality and integrity to support the mission of a dynamic radio station, helping to carry out All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. The role includes support for the ICAN Producer in a fast-paced broadcast environment. This position is a great mix of administration, scheduling, marketing, and producing. Candidates should have superior multi-tasking and organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines. Our dynamic environment requires the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
- Coordinate schedules for ICAN talent and the ICAN Producer and Host
- Engineer recording sessions and cut, edit, and produce audio features
- Research story ideas; pull recordings and contact people and organizations of interest
- Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce
- Identify local organizations for potential partnership or sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with ICAN events both at the station and with outside organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience as host/producer/interviewer, preferably in public media
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Event planning, social media experience, and/or web development experience
- Familiarity with ENCO and Music Master preferred
- Experience with an audio editing suite and previous audio production work also preferred
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone.
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 may be required. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
READY TO APPLY?
Send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please. All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.