Department: Development and Marketing
Supervisor: Director of Development and Marketing
Status: Temporary / Non-Exempt / Hourly / 40 Hours Per Week
As Interim Marketing Manager, this position develops content for email blasts and social media channels; schedules and manages all outgoing station media communications; collaborates with the web team on website content development and posting; and collaborates with the programming and underwriting departments on developing promotional copy and sales materials. As Interim JOY Program Coordinator, this position helps coordinatethe JOY outreach programs, including Youth Roving Reporters,Where We Live series, ICAN and special initiatives. Additionally, this position assists the Development team in donor communications, including but not limited to responding to emails or phone messages, and providing support during fundraisers. This is a temporary position; anticipated length of service is 3-6 months.
This position is responsible for the execution of daily communications and social media tasks; digital and promotional content for the marketing, programming, and underwriting departments; and JOY program coordination. The position also assists fundraising efforts through donor communications as needed, as well as seasonal responsibilities during on-air fundraising drives.
Marketing & Communications
- Writes, designs,and executesbi-weekly e-newsletter sent to 25,000 readers, as well as other seasonal e-blasts.
- Writes, designs,and publishes all station-related website spotlights and corresponding banners.
- Coordinates print and digital marketing materials for station activities and news.
- Develops social media plan for All Classical Portland and executes social media actions across multiple platforms.
- Responds to comments/inquiries on social media as appropriate,or coordinates response with management.
JOY(Joyous Outreach to You/th) Outreach Programs
- Youth Roving Reporters: Manages all aspects of program including developing and approving reporter story plans in coordination with program director; facilitating communications between reporter and host(s); and assisting in production and promotion for stories and the YRR program at large.
- Where We Live: Coordinates radio program production and scheduling with the program director and participating host(s).
- International Children’s Arts Network(ICAN): Assists ICAN program director as needed.
- Special Initiatives: Supports communications and organization of special JOY initiatives as needed including ACP’s Recording Inclusivity Initiative.
- Assists donors with questions via email and phone as needed.
- Supports administrative projects as needed including preparing mailings.
- Provides support during on-air fundraisers. *Early morning, weekend,or evening hours may be required during fundraisers.
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone. All Classical Portland is currently observing strict emergency COVID-19 protocols, and all staff who do not need a physical presence at the station are currently required to work from home. This position will primarily be working from home while the emergency protocols are in effect,and work equipment will be provided. Occasional presence at the station will be required, and strict guidelines are currently being enforced for all staff and visitors while at the station.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Experience with project management, marketing, and customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress,and various social media platforms
- Commitment to integrity, confidentiality,and ethical communication
- Background in graphic design and experience with Adobe creative suite
- Creative problem solver; self-starter who takes initiative to figure out how to take an idea and make it work
- Ability to interface closely with technical and non-technical staff to support All Classical Portland’s mission
- Experience in development and fundraising
- Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media
- Interest in classical music; knowledge of non-profits and radio a plus
Wage range is $17-$20/hour,dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How we work:
All Classical Portland maintains seven FM radio stations serving Portland Metro, the Willamette Valley, Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast. In addition to traditional over-the-air distribution, we utilize digital media technology to make live radio, archived audio and streaming video available to a global audience on many devices. We strive to provide a consistent and high-quality experience across our platforms. Because All Classical Portland serves an audience locally and globally 24/7/365, our team must be ready to respond to issues that may arise outside of normal business hours.
We seek to be very productive and subscribe to the idea that a small, highly dedicated and motivated team can produce the best classical music service on the planet. We work in a highly creative and dynamic environment and take pride in making the most of our precious resources. All Classical Portland is located at the base of the Tilikum Crossing bridge in a gorgeous, state-of-the-art facility with a stunning river view.
We love this music.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume with cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.