All Classical Portland is America’s premiere classical music radio station serving over a quarter of a million local listeners in Oregon and SW Washington weekly, and millions of listeners worldwide via mobile app and online streaming.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative and enterprising part-time producer/host. The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller who is able to share information about classical music in a passionate and engaging manner, with personality and integrity. You will be part of a collaboration where you can use your creativity to help shape the sound of a dynamic radio station while contributing to All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. This position is a great mix of producing, hosting, and occasional field work.
- Perform as host of classical music programming
- Produce taped and live interviews on subjects related to arts and culture
- Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce
- Edit and report feature stories, and host radio shows and interviews as assigned
- Fill in for other hosts and producers when necessary
- Contribute to All Classical Portland’s International Children’s Arts Network (ICAN) on HD2 and online platforms
- Work with All Classical Portland’s fundraising team during fundraising and in pre-recording campaign
- Engage with online audience through social media
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, or related field
- Knowledge and love of classical music
- Experience as host/producer/interviewer, preferably in public media
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Proven intellectual curiosity, creativity, and rigor
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Adobe Audition, ENCO, and other digital audio systems
- New Media and podcasting experience/knowledge a plus
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 required.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.