All Classical Portland is America’s premiere classical music radio station serving over a quarter of a million local listeners in Oregon and SW Washington weekly, and millions of listeners worldwide via mobile app and online streaming.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative and enterprising part-time producer/host. The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller who is able to share information about classical music in a passionate and engaging manner, with personality and integrity. You will be part of a collaboration where you can use your creativity to help shape the sound of a dynamic radio station while contributing to All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. This position is a great mix of producing, hosting, and occasional field work.
- Perform as host of classical music programming
- Produce taped and live interviews on subjects related to arts and culture
- Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce
- Edit and report feature stories, and host radio shows and interviews as assigned
- Fill in for other hosts and producers when necessary
- Contribute to All Classical Portland’s International Children’s Arts Network (ICAN) on HD2 and online platforms
- Work with All Classical Portland’s fundraising team during fundraising and in pre-recording campaign
- Engage with online audience through social media
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, or related field
- Knowledge and love of classical music
- Experience as host/producer/interviewer, preferably in public media
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Proven intellectual curiosity, creativity, and rigor
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Adobe Audition, ENCO, and other digital audio systems
- New Media and podcasting experience/knowledge a plus
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 required.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
All Classical Portland is an equal opportunity workplace – we do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital or familial status, appearance, sexual orientation, principal language, veteran status or disability. Prospective or current employees may notify the appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination. This policy applies to activities related to recruiting, retention, training, promotion or separation. For more information about All Classical Portland please see our history on the About page.