Grand Prize: Music & Mountains in Vail, CO!
The lucky winner for our Grand Prize: Music & Mountains getaway will be drawn in early April 2023. The winner will be notified first by phone, followed by an email with the prize package details.
Make a donation or get in touch by March 30, 2023, to be entered to win this once-in-a-lifetime trip for two to beautiful Colorado.
Experience the spectacular sounds and stunning views of Vail, Colorado and the Bravo! Vail Classical Music Festival this summer on a once-in-a-lifetime trip! You’ll enjoy premium seats to three world-class classical music concerts, a private backcountry picnic lunch with llamas, dinner with All Classical Portland hosts Christa Wessel and Suzanne Nance, and the gorgeous scenery of the Rocky Mountains!
Round-trip domestic airfare for two and private accommodations in Vail are included.
TO ENTER: Donate now or get in touch with All Classical Portland today to be entered into the grand prize drawing. You don’t have to make a donation to enter, but we hope you will. You could be our lucky winner to experience one of the world’s most scenic classical music destinations!
Music & Mountains in Vail, Colorado includes:
BREATHTAKING CONCERT EXPERIENCES at the Bravo! Vail Classical Music Festival:
- Two premium tickets to MCDERMOTT & BAVOUZET (Jean-Efflam Bavouzet and Anne-Marie McDermott), a recital of works for double piano including Debussy’s Three Nocturnes and Jeux, Ravel’s La Valse, and Gershwin’s An American in Paris. (July 24th, 2023, at the Vilar Performing Arts Center)
- Two prime tickets to BRUCKNER SYMPHONY NO. 7 with Jaap van Zweden conducting the New York Philharmonic. (July 25, 2023, at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheatre)
- Two prime tickets to ALSOP CONDUCTS RACHMANINOFF with the New York Philharmonic, reprising 18-year-old Yunchan Lim’s legendary performance of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 3, plus Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet. (July 26, 2023, at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheatre)
- Reserved front-row seats to an artist talk featuring MARIN ALSOP & ANNE-MARIE MCDERMOTT. (July 26, 2023, at the Vail Interfaith Chapel)
LUNCH WITH LLAMAS in the scenic Coloradan backcountry
- Private guided hike (customized to your level of activity) and a picnic lunch, accompanied by gear-packing and cheer-inducing llamas and All Classical Portland host Christa Wessel!
DINNER WITH SUZANNE NANCE & CHRISTA WESSEL
- Dinner with Suzanne Nance (President & CEO and host of Sunday Brunch) and Christa Wessel (host of Thursdays @ Three and On Deck with Young Musicians)
AIRFARE & ACCOMMODATIONS FOR TWO
- Roundtrip airfare for two to Denver, Colorado
- Ground transportation to and from Vail CO and included activities
- A five-night stay in exquisite condominium accommodations at the base of Vail Mountain
- Swag bag from Bravo! Vail
View Official Contest Rules for complete details.
Ways to Enter
- Give online: allclassical.org/donate
- Give by phone: 888-899-5722
- Mail in your donation
Current sustaining donors are automatically entered into all Grand Prize drawings. If you already made a donation to All Classical Portland’s 2023 Spring Fundraiser, you have been entered to win.
You don’t have to make a donation to enter, but we hope you will! Click here to enter the drawing without making a contribution, or call 888-899-5722.
View All Classical Portland’s March 2023 Official Contest Rules.
Learn More about the Music & Mountains Trip
MCDERMOTT & BAVOUZET:
Internationally acclaimed pianists Jean-Efflam Bavouzet and Anne-Marie McDermott perform a recital of works for double piano, including Debussy’s Three Nocturnes and Jeux, Ravel’s La Valse, and Gershwin’s An American in Paris.
BRUCKNER SYMPHONY NO. 7 with the NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC:
A champion of Bruckner’s work, van Zweden conducts the Philharmonic in the composer’s expansive Symphony No. 7—a work Bruckner wrote to honor his late mentor, Richard Wagner. The New York Philharmonic returns to Bravo! Vail for its annual summer residency, performing works both fresh and familiar with its signature brilliance and power.
ALSOP CONDUCTS RACHMANINOFF BY YUNCHAN LIM with the NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC:
Trailblazing conductor Marin Alsop concludes Bravo! Vail’s Orchestral Series reprising 18-year-old Yunchan Lim’s legendary, Gold medal-winning performance of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 3 at the 2022 Van Cliburn International Piano Competition, with Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet Suite closing the program.
Private Backcountry Llama Lunch. Enjoy a day hike in the company of a llama while experiencing one of Vail Valley’s beautiful backcountry trails. Your guide and the “boys” will pick you up from your home or hotel and transport you to a local trailhead. The llamas will not only offer some curious companionship but also a helping hand in carrying gear and lunch. Hikes will be customized to your interests, goals, and ability.
There’s no place like Vail for year-round recreation, outdoor pursuits, and cultural experiences in the heart of the Colorado Rockies. Nestled at the foot of Vail Mountain and just two hours west of Denver, Vail’s fresh air, rugged beauty, and charming pedestrian villages await visitors. Discover quaint Bavarian villages where outdoor activities abound and the performing arts flourish. Matching the incredible mountain experience, Vail is characterized by a rich culinary scene, family activities, world-class events and everything in between.
About Antlers at Vail
Celebrating its Golden 50th Anniversary, the Antlers at Vail condominium hotel offers a relaxed Vail lodging experience in a fabulous mountain setting. In addition to being awarded Vail’s Platinum lodging rating, the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Colorado Actively Green certification, Antlers has received a wide range of media coverage. With condominiums ranging from studio suites to four-bedroom penthouses, every Antlers unit enjoys a fully equipped kitchen, fireplace, balcony and complimentary Wi-Fi, daily housekeeping and covered parking.