Halloween, Día de los Muertos, & More!
Your favorite hosts and programs are getting into the Halloween spirit and observing Día de los Muertos on the radio.
Tune in for delightful frights and ghoulish fun for all who celebrate. Join us for thrills and chills at 89.9 FM in Portland or worldwide via the live player on our website.
Programming Highlights & More
- All-Soul’s Day: On Tuesday, November 1, 2022, our hosts will feature sacred choral works throughout the day, to honor the occasion.
- Día de los Muertos (The Day of the Dead): On Wednesday, November 2, 2022, enjoy works primarily by Mexican composers throughout the day, along with works by other composers from Latin America.
- On Saturday, October 29, 2022, The Score‘s host Edmund Stone featured music from Goosebumps, Disney/Pixar’s Coco, The House with a Clock in its Walls, Hotel Transylvania, and more! Enjoy some of The Score‘s recent spooky-themed October episodes on demand in the All Classical Portland Audio Archive and thescore.org.
- Enjoy a recent episode of Thursdays at Three, with host Christa Wessel until November 10, 2022. She welcomed the Portland Chamber Orchestra and musicians from Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, who shared a preview of their annual Halloween Spooktacular.
- On Saturday, October 29, 2022, some of your favorite All Classical Portland hosts put on “costumes” as voice actors on Club Mod‘s broadcast of a recent live performance of John Cage‘s 1942 radio play The City Wears a Slouch Hat. Stream this special episode of Club Mod, hosted by Andrea Murray, on demand until November 12, 2022.
- On Sunday, October 30, 2022, Noteworthy host Lynnsay Maynard crept past the crypt of Count Dracula, with passages from Bram Stoker’s iconic novel, and more! Hear the second episode of Noteworthy on demand until November 13, 2022.
- Monster Monday: Throughout the day on Monday, October 31, 2022, All Classical Portland’s Program Director John Pitman programmed a suit of spooky sounds, including Mussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, Dvořák’s The Noon Witch, Beethoven’s Ghost piano trio, John Williams’s The Witches of Eastwick, Paul Dukas’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and much more!
- ICAN: On Monday, October 31, 2022, the International Children’s Arts Network got in on the fun with A Spooky Spectacular with Supernatural Sarah, Scary Steven, and Enchanted Elaina, including an exclusive interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic, a special reading of Adventure at Grannies (a twist on the classic tale Little Red Riding Hood) performed by All Classical Portland Artist in Residence María García, and more!
- BLOG: Revisit ICAN’s blog post Sounds Like… Suspense!, to learn more about how certain music can communicate different moods to listeners.
Tune in at 89.9 FM in Portland or from anywhere in the world or through the live player on our website.