Happy Fourth Birthday ICAN!
Join in on the fun as the International Children’s Arts Network (ICAN) celebrates its 4th birthday on April 15th, 2023!
In 2019, All Classical Portland did the unthinkable: launching a brand new station from scratch, aimed at entertaining and educating children and their families. This month, ICAN Radio celebrates 35,040 hours of inspiring music and programming, 2,102,400 minutes of joyful expression, countless dance breaks, and many moments of meaningful reflection.
ICAN is a 24-hour network offering enriching, educational, and commercial-free arts radio, designed for children and the adults who care for them. ICAN shares music, poetry, stories, dance breaks, and more creative content from around the world, and we hope YOU will share in the celebration as the network celebrates its fourth anniversary!
Listen and learn more at ICANradio.org.
LISTEN ON YOUR SMART SPEAKER
You can now listen to the International Children’s Arts Network on your smart speaker through the iHeartRadio app! Learn how you can stream this station in just a few easy steps at ICANradio.org.
- Saturday Morning Car-Tunes – Join us on Saturday, April 15, 2023, at 9:00 AM PT as we embark on a road trip adventure like no other to celebrate ICAN’s 4th birthday! Take a trip down memory lane as ICAN revisits some of the network’s highlights and musical memories. Plus, hear your favorite ICAN Radio personalities as we cruise through the morning with the best car-themed music. Listen at ICANradio.org.
- ICAN Become – During ICAN’s birthday celebration, listeners will also get a special preview of an all-new radio series: ICAN Become. In the debut episode, we’ll meet 12-year-old Henry, who dreams of becoming a Podcaster when he grows up. The ICAN team arranged for Henry to interview his favorite Podcaster, Mr. Eric from What If World! Tune in to discover what it takes to become a Podcaster along with Henry during Saturday Morning Car-Tunes, on April 15th.
- Abby’s Celtic Corner – A five-part series that transports listeners to Ireland with singer and Ireland Native, Abby Molloy! Hear about incredible Irish myths and legends, beautiful musical instruments, traditional Irish songs and learn some of the Irish language too. Listen on demand on the ICAN blog at ICANradio.org.
- Popsicals – A blog about pop music inspired by classical pieces.
- Gamers welcome! Screenshot features music from family-friendly games, movies, and television.
- Adventures abound with our partners at What If World.
- Create and participate in the arts, with a little help from the ICAN blog, where you’ll find an article about How to Write a Poem in honor of National Poetry Month.
- …and much more!