Oregon Symphony Encore Broadcasts
All Classical Portland continues to amplify artists and ensembles from around our region and beyond.
Up next… we invite you to relive highlights from the Oregon Symphony’s 2021-2022 concert season right here on All Classical Portland! Join us on the radio Thursdays at 7:00 PM PT (August 18 – September 22, 2022) at 89.9 FM in Portland or from anywhere in the world through the live player on our website.
The sounds of the Pacific Northwest are thriving on All Classical Portland. Our limitless concert hall is proud to feature these encore broadcasts for YOU! Discover exciting contemporary works by Gabriella Smith, Kenji Bunch, Gabriela Lena Frank, and Gabriel Kahane. Plus, enjoy classical favorites by Beethoven, Mahler, Dawson, Mozart, and more.
Keep reading for a detailed program list for each episode.
All Classical Portland Presents
Oregon Symphony 2021-2022 Encore Broadcasts
Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony
Thursday, September 22 | 7:00 PM PT
- Gabriella Lena Frank: Pachamama
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9
- Alban Berg: Sieben frühe Lieder / Seven Early Songs
Enjoy each episode on demand in our Audio Archive for two weeks after broadcast.
Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony
August 18, 2022 | 7:00 PM PT
- Kenji Bunch: Time In
- Gabriela Lena Frank: Elegia Andina
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 2, “Resurrection”
Austrian Music through the Ages
August 25, 2022 | 7:00 PM PT
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Concerto for Oboe and Violin
- Joseph Haydn: Symphony No. 94, “Surprise”
- H. K. Gruber: Frankenstein!
- Johann Strauss Jr.: Kaiserwalzer (The Emperor Waltz)
Rodrigo & Dawson: Symphonic Folk
Thursday, September 1 | 7:00 PM PT
- Leo Brouwer: Tres Danzas Concertantes
- Joaquín Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez, Aniello Desiderio, guitar
- William Dawson: Negro Folk Symphony
Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony
Thursday, September 8 | 7:00 PM PT
- Gabriel Kahane: Piano Concerto, “Heirloom” (Dedicated to his father Jeffrey Kahane)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 6, “Pastoral”
Thursday, September 15 | 7:00 PM PT
- Gabriella Smith: Riprap, Michael Roberts, marimba
- Robert Schumann: Violin Concerto, Stefan Jackiw, violin
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Symphony No. 40
The Grammy-nominated Oregon Symphony ranks as one of America’s major orchestras. Led by Music Director David Danzmayr, the OSO presents more than 100 concerts annually, in tandem with award-winning education and community engagement programs. Entering its 126th season in 2022/2023, the Oregon Symphony is the oldest orchestra west of the Mississippi.
Learn more at orsymphony.org.
Listen at 89.9 FM in Portland or worldwide via the live player on our website.