For the past 10 years, All Classical Portland listeners have joined the station’s radio hosts for cultural adventures to far-flung corners of the world. Watch this space for information about upcoming journeys and to view photos and audio postcards from previous trips.
Alumni of All Classical tours become lifetime members of the Compass Society. Members have the option to receive exclusive information about upcoming trips as well as privately organized events for previous trip travelers.
Questions? Contact Matt Kovich
Our Next Adventure!
CLASSICAL POLAND & PRAGUE: A Classical Music Adventure with All Classical Portland featuring the Prague Spring International Music Festival! May 14 – 24, 2020.
Join host John Pitman, friends of All Classical Portland, and fellow music lovers of classical music and celebrate the life of Chopin, Dvořák, Smetana and Mozart! On this eleven day classical music pursuit you’ll walk in Chopin’s footsteps and relive his extraordinary life. Visit the very places where Frédéric lived, loved and worked: the family home where he was born, the village church where he was baptized and the Frédéric Chopin University of Music in Warsaw. Discover Poland’s stunning cultural capital, Krakow.
Visit the cathedral where the kings of this ancient land are buried, stroll the campus of the University of Copernicus and marvel at one of Europe’s largest medieval squares. Our musical quest culminates in the Czech Republic, where we’ll walk in the footsteps of the Czech Republic’s greatest composers, Smetana and Dvořák! And to top things off, you’ll attend the legendary Prague Spring International Music Festival. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary musical adventure!
TRIP AT A GLANCE
- 3 Nights Warsaw, Poland
- 3 Nights Krakow, Poland
- 1 Night Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 3 Nights Prague, Czech Republic
- 3 Nights optional post-tour extension to Vienna, Austria
- Numerous concerts highlighting the works of Chopin, Mozart, Dvořák and Smetana
- Special visits to the homes, symphony halls and museums of the great composers
- Tickets to the Prague Spring International Music Festival
- A visit to Olomouc, Moravian Village
- A tour of the Warsaw ghetto
- Three magical nights each in Warsaw, Krakow, Prague
- Walks led by local experts in the historic city centers
- A traditional Klezmer dinner concert in Krakow’s Jewish quarter
- 11 Days/10 Nights (land)
- $4,495 per person double occupancy
- $995 single supplement (waived if a roommate is found)
- Optional group flight departs the US: May 13, 2020
- Trip begins in Warsaw: May 14
- Trip ends in Prague: May 24
- Optional post-tour extension to Vienna ends: May 27
For more information, including how to book a spot on this exciting journey, follow the link below or contact Earthbound Expeditions at (800) 723-8454.
Explore Scandinavia with All Classical Portland featuring the Stockholm Opera Festival, Copenhagen Tivoli Festival, Oslo Chamber Music Festival & more! August 13 – 24, 2020.
Join host Brandi Parisi, friends of All Classical Portland and fellow classical music lovers to experience the Nordic world of fjords, castles, glaciers, and the legacy of the Vikings on this Scandinavian adventure. Travel by train, ferry, and coach through Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. Ride the world’s most scenic railway line to Bergen, tour Danish castles and palaces and attend a classical concert at Tivoli Gardens. See the Danish crown jewels, preserved Viking ships and the warship Vasa, rescued after more than 300 years on the bottom of Stockholm harbor. To top it off, you’ll be treated to an opera at Stockholm’s royal palace and a performance at the Edvard Grieg festival in Bergen. Our 12-day classical Scandinavia journey has it all!
Trip highlights include:
- The Drottningholm Opera Festival and tickets to an opera
- Copenhagen Tivoli Music Festival
- Oslo Chamber Music Festival
- The Edvard Grieg Music Festival
- The awe- inspiring scenic rail journey from Oslo to Bergen
- Traditional dining experiences
- Viking Museum of Stockholm
- Backstage tour of the Oslo Opera House
- A fjord cruise in Norway
For more information, including how to book a spot on this exciting journey, please follow the link below or contact Earthbound Expeditions at (800) 723-8454.
Past Adventure Scrapbooks
Dec 4-8, 2019
September 18-28, 2019
December 8 – 14, 2018
July 30 - August 5
October 9 - 21, 2016
July 8-20, 2016
October 17-28, 2015
March 21-29, 2015
June 4th – 18th.
September 8-19, 2013
May 19 - 29, 2013
November 3 – 17, 2012
May 12 – 25, 2011
September 7 – 19, 2011