This is a repeating eventfebruary 3, 2024 12:00 am
The Portland Winter Light Festival (PDXWLF) returns for its ninth year, illuminating the city with over 170 free light-based art installations and
The Portland Winter Light Festival (PDXWLF) returns for its ninth year, illuminating the city with over 170 free light-based art installations and performances from February 2–10, 2024. Expecting over 200,000 attendees, the festival promises a vibrant celebration of art, technology, and community under the winter night sky.
The PDXWLF program is now available at https://pdxwlf.com/program. Visitors can access interactive maps to navigate the over 200 installations across the city, detailed schedules for all live performances, and artist bios that shed light on the creative minds behind the magic.
This year’s theme, “What Glows Under Pressure,” explores resilience and creativity through a diverse range of experiences. Visitors can explore captivating light sculptures, interactive installations, and engaging live performances across anchor locations in the central city and pop-up sites throughout the Portland area. The Portland Winter Light Festival 2024 will feature the following:
- Three major Anchor Sites in the central city will offer live events, interactive sculptures, food carts, performances, and more! Anchor Sites are Pioneer Courthouse Square, the World Trade Center, and the Electric Blocks. Anchor Sites are only open on Friday/ Saturday nights, February 2-3 and 9-10
- “Nautilus: Deep Sea” by Heather Dawn Sparks. A 14’ sculpture commissioned specifically for PDXWLF will reside at Salmon Springs Fountain through March
- The Opening Night Fire Show by Garnish Fire Conclave at the Square on February 2nd
- Four evenings of full-building projection mapping by Andrew Wade Smith, plus the Fun Luv’n Silent Disco at the Electric Blocks
- Over 30 light-based art installations at the World Trade Center, plus performances
- Pop-up window installations throughout the entire city!
Admission is FREE. Times and locations vary, so see the schedule and map for performance times and pop-up activations
All Day (Friday)