There are two internship positions available:
- All Classical Portland Intern – assisting Community Engagement and Operations staff with projects centered around All Classical Portland
- ICAN Intern – working with the International Children’s Arts Network Program Manager and Producer Sarah Zwinklis on events and tasks related to our children’s radio network
For either position, duties can include:
- Website content creation, including researching and writing a variety of blogs
- Assisting staff with social media content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Audio production assistance and photo editing
- Working with station Webmaster to develop and maintain All Classical Portland and/or ICAN websites
- Data entry, and other duties as assigned (pertaining to fundraising drives and events)
Over a 3 – 4-month period, interns will spend 8 – 20 hours weekly assisting station staff with a wide variety of tasks related to broadcasting processes and procedures. Internships will generally span Winter (Jan-May), Summer (June-Aug), or Fall (Sept – Dec), but can be flexible to accommodate applicant schedules.
As of June 2020, all internship positions are remote, and will be completed from home. Interns will be provided with email addresses and necessary logins to successfully complete an internship without access to our main facility. All Classical Portland and ICAN staff will conduct frequent virtual check-ins during the internships.
Intern is responsible for providing their own computer, internet, and phone; however, equipment accommodations can be discussed and should not be a deterrent to applying. Safety is our highest concern, and guidelines provided by state and local officials will be used to determine when it is safe for internships to once again take place in the office.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, etc)
- Superb communication and writing skills
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in or knowledge of classical music
- Creative thinking and brainstorming abilities
- Curiosity about music media, and desire for involvement in the local arts community
Experience: Any current college student or recent grad is welcome to apply. The ideal candidate will show an area of focus in one of the following areas:
- Communication, desired degree path: Radio, Television and Film
- Business/Non-profit Management
- Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, or Music
- Web Design/Web Development
Ready to apply? Please fill out this application form and upload a resumé and cover letter. Start dates are flexible based on applicant availability. Completed applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis, but for best consideration apply by:
April 30 (for Summer internship)
July 31 (for Fall internship)
November 30 (for Winter internship)
Contact Kristina Becker with any questions.